- The conference will still be held Saturday November 21 - Monday November 23. While there may be additional programming outside these days, the core of any programming will take place on the originally scheduled dates.
- The program will continue to include keynotes, special sessions and invited panels, regular paper sessions, and professional development workshops.
- The submission deadline is June 15 for full papers, June 30 for abstracts. (NOTE: Since publication date, deadlines have been extended to June 30 and July 15 respectively.)
- The conference registration rate will be $75 for all attendees.
DECISION SCIENCES INSTITUTE
51st ANNUAL CONFERENCE
NOVEMBER 21-23, 2020
Decision Sciences in the Age of Connectivity
Understanding the challenges and expanding the opportunities of the connected business world
The rapid advancements in connectivity enabled by technologies such as cloud computing and internet of things have brought about a fundamental change in how firms design business models and deliver business processes. Specifically, cloud computing and internet of things underpin the emergence and success of platform-based business models. In parallel with advancements in computer processing and data management, these technologies are dramatically changing information processing, knowledge accumulation and knowledge management within organizations.
Connectivity is also strengthening competition across organizations based on business networks interlinking customers, suppliers, distributors and developers together, and is offering new opportunities for improving business networks’ operational, economic and sustainability performance.
In this new business landscape, firms, researchers, educators, and institutions need to discuss and research the challenges and opportunities these technologies bring to the table.
The conference theme for the Decision Sciences 2020 conference “Decision Sciences in the Age of Connectivity” aims at deepening the decision sciences community’s understanding of the opportunities and the challenges that the connectivity paradigm poses to research in decision sciences, to business leaders and policy makers. We cordially invite you to join this conversation by submitting your research for presentation at the conference.
Please join us online for the 51st DSI Annual Conference!
The 2020 conference will continue along the path of past DSI conferences, however DSI prides itself that each year the conference program becomes richer and more innovative in all of its constituent pillars:
- Research tracks - Theme-based sessions showcasing cutting-edge business research on unique decision-making issues.
- Educational tracks – Research into business student learning and curriculum
- Professional development sessions –Workshops and panels by leading scholars in their fields providing refreshing and energizing new perspectives.
As a participant at DSI 2020 you will enjoy numerous opportunities to meet new people virtually, consider new research/teaching approaches, and hear from noted scholars and educators.
The platform for the 2020 DSI Annual Conference will be announced soon.
Submissions to the conference program are now open:
- Full Paper Deadline: June 30, 2020
- Abstract Deadline: July 15, 2020
- Panel Proposal Deadline: June 30, 2020
- Workshop Proposal Deadline: June 30, 2020
- Award Competition Deadline: July 15, 2020
We look forward to welcoming you to our first DSI virtual conference!
|Carmela Di Mauro
University of Catania
Chair of Professional Development
University of Tennesse, Knoxville
Chair of Research
Michigan State University
Chair of Pedagogical Research
University of Colorado, Colorado Springs