|Track chairs will nominate the best papers that pertain to the theory and/or practice in their tracks. Each track chair can nominate up to three papers deserving of consideration for the Best Paper Awards.
- Only full papers will be considered for the awards.
- Track chairs will, relying on the reviews and their discretion, submit up to three nominations for the awards.
- Track chairs will specify for which of the following categories they would like each of their nominations to be considered:
- Best Conceptual Research Paper
- Best Theory-Driven Empirical Research Paper
- Best Problem-Driven Analytical Research Paper
- Best Learning and Education Research Paper
- Best Inter-disciplinary Paper
- Best Student Paper
- The same paper may not be nominated for more than one category.
- There can be multiple nominations from a track chair for a single category.
- The deadline for the track chair nominations for the awards will be two weeks from the review and decision deadline for the papers.
The Best Paper Awards committee, composed by a Chair and four other experienced scholars, will review the shortlisted papers and, based on reviews received, their own reviews and rankings, will select the winners.
Questions about the Best Paper Award for the 2022 Annual Conference of the Decision Sciences Institute can be directed to the Coordinator.