DSI 2022 – 53rd Annual Meeting of the Decision Science Institute
Resiliency and Adaptability for a Better Global Future
Who is the consortium for?
The DSI Doctoral Consortium provides a unique opportunity for current Ph.D. students to learn about the academic job market process and what life is like as a faculty member. Attendees will hear from an esteemed group of junior and senior faculty members who will share experiences and tips for successfully navigating these formative years. Attendees will also have an opportunity to network with fellow Ph.D. students.
The tentative program will include:
- Presentations by senior faculty on publication strategies in OM/SCM journals.
- A session on how to craft an impactful research agenda.
- A session on teaching tips and tricks and how to effectively engage with students in global settings.
- A session on “professionalism in academia,” including how to transition from a doctoral student to a full-time faculty, manage competing objectives, manage time and set priorities, and establish relationships with industry and professional organizations.
- Networking opportunities.
How and when to apply?
If you are interested in participating in the DSI 2022 Doctoral consortium, please send an email to: email@example.com with the subject “2022 DSI Doctoral Consortium application” by September 30th, 2022, including the following documents:
- A brief statement describing why you would like to participate in the Doctoral Consortium and why you should be selected for participation (less than one page, double spaced).
- Your current CV.
- A list of 3-5 questions you would like answered during the event.
There is no additional cost to attend the Doctoral Consortium, but selected participants must register for the 2022 DSI Annual Meeting to participate in the event. We encourage you to submit abstracts (the deadline is June 15th, 2022) to participate in the conference. The conference abstract differs from the documents you submit for participating in the doctoral consortium. Check the DSI conference website for details.
Invitation letters will be sent by email by October 15th, 2022.
Question about the Doctoral Consortium at the 2022 DSI Annual Meeting can be directed to the Doctoral Consortium Coordinator:
Florida International University
Coordinator: 2022 DSI Doctoral Consortium