Have any of you…
- Organized plant tours during the conference?
- Hosted high-profile speakers?
- Found significant cost savings on housing and meals?
- Collaborated with other regional business organizations such as Federated Business Disciplines (SWDSI, we want to learn how it works)
In addition, we’d like to learn…
- Do you have a Meet the Editors session?
- Which sessions draw the biggest crowds?
- Conference management system (CMS) recommendations, prices, (and maybe ones to stay away from)
- What works best in terms of platform/frequency of communicating with participants? E-mail the entire listserv? Message through CMS? Post on the website?
- Best ways to set fees for breaking even in the long run without pricing us out of the market, especially in light of decreased funding from textbook sponsors
- Do you bring or rent screens? Do portable tabletop screens work?
Workshop Coordinator, Best Practices in Planning a US Regional DSI Conference
2018 Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute