Transforming Decision Science Through Emergent Technologies
Please join us in New Orleans, Louisiana, for the 2019 Decision Sciences Institute Annual Conference!
Ex Ordo is hosting our conference management system. Please visit https://decisionsciences.org/annual-meetings/national-dsi/submission-instructions/ for detailed submission information.
Please Note: The deadlines for submissions have been extended. The new deadlines are:
- Full Paper Deadline: May 26, 2019
- Abstract Deadline: June 15, 2019
- Panel Proposal Deadline: June 15, 2019
- Workshop Proposal Deadline: June 15, 2019
- Award Competition Deadline: June 15, 2019
All deadlines are final as of 12 midnight Central Standard Time (Houston)
We would like to invite full papers, abstracts, and panel proposal submissions focusing on developing new knowledge across all functional areas of business and curriculum. Papers in these tracks are ideally positioned for publication consideration by Decision Sciences Journal and the Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education plus other high impact business journals and business education journals. Panels in these tracks focus on identifying emerging research topics, identifying leading edge issues, topics, and methodologies.
- Big Data Applications
- Business Analytics
- Curriculum and Assessment
- Cyber Security and System Resilience
- Digitization and Industry 4.0
- Decision Sciences in Practice
- Finance and Economics
- Healthcare Management
- Information Systems and Technology
- Innovation and New Product Development
- Innovative Teaching
- Logistics and Transportation Management
- Managing Risk in Supply Chains
- Manufacturing and Production Management
- Marketing and Consumer Behavior
- Operations and Supply Chain Management in Emerging Economies
- Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management
- Procurement and Sourcing in Supply Management
- Project Management
- Quality Management and Lean Operations
- Service Systems and Operations
- Social Media
- Strategic Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Sustainability, CSR, and Humanitarian Operations
Specific Interest Groups:
- Data, Analytics and Statistics Instruction (DASI)
- Project Management
The 2019 DSI Annual Conference offers many professional development workshops intended to help attendees become better researchers, teachers, administrators, and professional service volunteers. In addition to submitted workshops, highlighted below, are some of the exciting Workshops you do not want to miss in New Orleans. Workshop leaders have been asked to make these sessions as interactive and hands-on as possible.
- Behavioral Research and Experimentation in Operations Management
- Crafting a Journal Submission that Makes a Theoretical Contribution
- Dealing with Endogeneity
- How to Review a Paper
- How to Publish in Top Tier Journals
- Mediation and Moderation Analysis
- Meet the Editors of DSI Journal
- Meet the Editors of Non-DSI Journals
- Network Analysis
- Paper Development
- Paradigms for Parity in Advancing Women Leadership in Supply Chain and Operations Management
- Publishing in DSJ
- Publishing in DSJIE
We have five Awards Competitions at the 2019 Annual Conference of DSI in New Orleans, Louisiana (USA).
The Best Paper Awards finalists will be chosen by the 2019 Track Chairs. Winners from each of the following categories will be announced at the Awards Luncheon to be held Monday, November 25:
- Best Theory-Driven Empirical Research Paper
- Best Analytical Research Paper
- Best Application Paper
- Best Student Paper
The DSI Regional Best Paper Award finalists are chosen from submissions to the DSI regional conferences. Award winners will be announced at the Awards Luncheon to be held on Monday, November 25.
Other Awards are directly submit-able. For more general information and detailed submission criteria for each award competition listed below:
We are again continuing the Post-Proposal PhD, Pre-Proposal PhD, New Faculty Development, and Mid-Career Faculty Development Consortia in 2019. You must register to participate in a consortium prior to the conference. Follow the instructions provided by the Consortia Coordinators and be aware of deadlines to participate.
We look forward to seeing everyone at the DSI 2019 Annual Conference in New Orleans. Stay tuned for updated information on various tracks, panels, workshops, keynotes, special events and activities.