This consortium will take place on Saturday, November 23 from 8 am – 12 noon. Lunch is included.
Who Is The Consortium For?
The New Faculty Development Consortium (NFDC) at the 2019 Annual Meeting of the
Decision Sciences Institute is a program intended for faculty who are in the initial stages of their academic careers defined as faculty who received their doctorate degrees in the 2017 to 2019. We invite you to participate in the NFDC in order to gain insights into how to launch and sustain a successful professional career in academe. The tentative program will include:
- Presentations by senior faculty on publication strategies in OM/SCM journals.
- Panel discussion from newly tenured associate professors on surviving the tenure process.
- Panel discussion about career paths regarding research and administration.
- Roundtable discussions.
- Networking opportunities.
How and By When to Apply?
To be considered for participation in the NFDC, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Your email should be received by October 1, 2019 and should:
- Indicate why you wish to be selected for participation (less than double spaced one page).
- Attach your current CV.
- List five questions that you would like answered in order to advance your professional career.
- Provide confirmation of having registered for the 2019 Annual Meeting of DSI.
Note: Participation in the NFDC is limited, applications received after October 1, 2019 will receive consideration on a space-available basis.
Questions about the NFDC at the 2019 Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute can be directed to the New Faculty Development Consortium Coordinator:
University of Michigan