The Past Present Future of Decision Sciences track will be celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Decision Sciences Institute Annual conference. As is customary on such ‘round number’ occasions, we will be taking time to reflect on the past and speculate about the future. The track will examine how the research, practice, and education has changed in decision sciences or how decision sciences is likely change in the foreseeable future. The concept of ‘decision science’ should be interpreted broadly. It can include how the work presented and published in the decision sciences field affects or interacts with functional fields such as, information systems science, supply chains and operations management, and other social sciences. This track broadly examines topics related to how decision science has changed the world in last fifty years, what are the current trends, how it will shape the future.
This track could include panel discussions that reflect on the past, present and future of decision sciences. And it could also include research based on case studies, primary survey or experimental data, secondary / archival data and simulation. The data could also come from various industry including manufacturing, healthcare, retail, financial, and other service industries. Theoretical studies are also welcome.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Panel discussions of the trends and trajectories of decision sciences
- Archival analysis of events or data that shaped decision sciences.
- Theoretical work that helps understand the past, present and future of decision sciences.
- Empirical work that make distinct contributions to the ‘decision science’ world by building mainly on primary data, and providing novel insight into the history and future of decisions sciences.
- Examinations of how decision science education has evolved and the future trends.
Please Note: The deadlines for submissions have been extended. The new deadlines are:
- Full Paper Deadline: May 26, 2019
- Abstract Deadline: June 15, 2019
- Panel Proposal Deadline: June 15, 2019
- Workshop Proposal Deadline: June 15, 2019
- Award Competition Deadline: June 15, 2019
All deadlines are final as of 12 midnight Central Standard Time (Houston)
07/01/2019 Authors Notified of Paper Acceptance Decision
09/01/2019 Full Paper Revisions Resubmission
09/15/2019 Conference Registration Deadline