Emerging Markets Showcase Award
Increasing focus on emerging markets’ issues and opportunities motivates the need to publish more research focused on these markets’ issues in mainstream journals. Decision Sciences Institute (DSI) has taken the lead in creating a focused track on emerging markets. This will comprise a showcase of manuscripts submitted exclusively by researchers from emerging markets, along with regular sessions. The papers can be work-in-progress submissions or at advanced stages of conceptualization or development.
The DSI 2022 program team is pleased to award a $300 prize to the best paper submitted to the Emerging Markets Showcase.
Submission Deadline: May 30, 2022
The Emerging Markets Showcase is intended to provide mentorship and constructive feedback for development purposes to researchers from emerging markets. This track distinguishes itself from other regular tracks in several important ways.
- It is exclusively for researchers from emerging markets, including countries in sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East, North Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean and Asia (excluding Japan, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea and Taiwan).
- Each presenting paper will be matched with appropriate mentors or discussants to provide high-quality feedback, in addition to receiving traditional audience feedback.
- Preference will be given to research papers that focus on emerging markets’ issues and are at relatively advanced stages of development.
- All presentations will be in a roundtable discussion format to foster interactive discussions.
- All other papers submitted to the showcase will be routed to the Emerging Markets Regular Track (see below).
We invite submissions from researchers whose primary affiliation is to universities in emerging markets. In order to qualify for matching with mentors, you must be the primary author of the study.
- Submissions should be between 8-15 pages long.
- They should comprise the overall motivation of the study, research questions, potential contributions, methodology and results (if available).
- Abstracts-only submissions will not be accepted for the showcase. Abstracts will be routed to the Emerging Markets Regular Track (see below).
We also invite academics and practitioners who would like to volunteer to review and serve as discussants for the emerging markets research papers.